The 2017 GMC Sierra HD in Edmonton, AB – This is the Professional Grade
If you insist that your truck provides you with unmatched strength, high style, and unparalleled sophistication, then the 2017 GMC Sierra HD needs to be first on your list. For 2017, the Sierra HD offers the perfect combination of the luxury you want for everyday and the capability you need at the worksite.
Contact the Western GMC Buick sales team, or call our dealership in West Edmonton near Stony Plain, Spruce Grove, Leduc, and Sherwood Park at 780-486-3333 to book a test drive with the best heavy pickup truck you can own today
2017 GMC Sierra HD Engines & Fuel Economy
Being Professional Grade means having the power and refinement to not only take on huge tasks, but to accomplish them in comfort. The 2017 GMC Sierra HD has a choice of two stalwart powertrains:
- Vortec 6.0L V8 with 360 horsepower and 380 lb-ft of torque through a 6-speed Hydra-Matic 6L90 transmission
- Duramax 6.6L V8 diesel now with 445 horsepower and 910 lb-ft of torque through an Allison 1000 6-speed automatic transmission–a 12% increase in hp and 19% increase in torque vs. previous-model engine
And with great power comes great towing capacity; the Sierra 3500 HD will haul up to 22,600 pounds while its smaller sibling the Sierra 2500 HD will still tow up to 17,600 lbs.
2017 GMC Sierra HD Interior Features
The 2017 GMC Sierra HD, despite already being the luxury king of its field, has received a raft of inhancements to make it even better. GMC engineers have utilized inlaid design doors, triple seams, advanced aerodynamics, acoustic glass, and noise cancelling technology so that the 2017 GMC Sierra HD is whisper quiet for you and your passengers. Wireless phone charging is now available, along with an 8-inch touchscreen with built-in Apply CarPlay and Andriod Auto. The 2017 Sierra HD also offers:
- Soft-touch panel materials, aluminum trim, perforated leather, and contrasting stitching
- Mobile office-style centre console with enough space for laptops, hanging file folders, USB ports, and several power outlets
- Remote locking tailgate
- Rear Vision Camera for safer reversing and hooking up trailers with ease
2017 GMC Sierra HD Hauling & Towing Proficiency
Never again question if your truck can handle a heavy load with the 2017 GMC Sierra HD. Depending on which model of GMC’s top-of-the-line pickup you purchase, you can haul:
- 2500HD: maximum conventional trailering capacity of 14,500 lbs, maximum fifth-wheel capacity of 18,000 lbs, and a maximum payload capacity of 3,560 lbs
- 3500HD: best in class maximum conventional trailering capacity of 20,000 lbs, maximum fifth-wheel capacity of 23,200 lbs, and a maximum payload capacity of 7180 lbs
To aid in achieving these gargantuan towing numbers safely, the 2017 GMC Sierra HD features standard integrated trailer brake controller, trailer sway control, diesel exhaust brake, automatic grade braking sensor, and Digital Steering Assist for enhanced responsiveness and improved road-holding.
2017 GMC Sierra HD Parts & Accessories
How can one possibly make the 2017 GMC Sierra HD more tough and capable? The best way is to consult the heavy-duty truck aficionados at the Western GMC Buick Parts Department. We stock all the Genuine OEM parts with factory warranties like side steps, wheel and tire packages, chrome exhaust tips, and mud flaps for your 2017 Sierra 2500HD or 3500HD.
And if you want to save yourself the trouble of installing your GMC parts on your own, have the GM-certified technicians from our service team equip them for you. Fill out our quick contact form to book an appointment today!